3-6 Months Before Your Wedding
• Contact The Loft so that we can get a contract started for you and make sure your wedding date is available. This is a perfect opportunity for our talented professionals to learn more about what you envision for your special day. Make sure you allow more time if your date falls during a busy season. Our busiest seasons are October/November & March-May.
• Please note that your wedding date is not secure until we have a signed contract and deposit. The contract must be filled out completely to be accepted, so you will need to decide who will be receiving services in your bridal party.
• Start searching for hairstyles you might like for your wedding day. When deciding on a style, you should consider the design of your dress, the type of wedding you envision, as well as the weather and indoor vs outdoor. If you need any help deciding, our talented stylists can help you choose a style that will work well for your wedding day.
• Book a trial-run appointment that will fall 3-6 weeks before the wedding. Also book any other necessary pre-wedding appointments you may need. It is best to book these early in order to minimize stress and ensure availability.
4 to 6 Weeks Before the Wedding
• Visit our hair salon for your previously scheduled trial run hair and makeup appointment.
• Purchase gift certificates for your wedding party to thank them for their participation.
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
• Come in for your final color, highlight or root touch up appointment. This will give your hair time to adjust to the fresh color. We suggest that you do not try a drastic change this close to the wedding.
• A deep conditioning treatment is also highly beneficial and can be scheduled two weeks in advance as well. This will help repair damage as well as restore shine and softness to your hair.
The Week Before the Wedding
• Have final eyebrow wax, leg wax, and bikini wax for super smooth skin. It is important to have any facial waxing done at least 2-4 days prior to the wedding day, because makeup can have trouble sticking to freshly waxed skin.
• Plan for beautiful feet and toes with a professional pedicure.
The Day Before the Wedding
• Make sure that your hands and fingertips look their best for the ring ceremony with a relaxing manicure. A manicure is also a wonderful treat for the groom!
• Make an appointment for a casual hairstyle for the rehearsal dinner. Add a professional makeup application so that your hair and makeup will look amazing for the entire evening.
The Day of the Wedding
• Arrive at our hair salon, or the location of your choice, for your appointment with clean, dry hair.
• Relax! Let our talented hair experts create a beautiful style that will capture your personality and style.
• Remember to bring your veil if you would like for us to place it for you.
Make an appointment today at The Loft Hair Salon serving Brunswick, St. Simons, Jekyll, and surrounding areas. Our bridal experts will make sure that you look and feel beautiful!
Do’s & Don’t’s 24 hours before the wedding.
Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is essential for many reasons. Dry cracked lips can ruin even the best makeup work. Not only that but You’ll feel better and your skin will look much more alive.
Stay away from toxic foods that may make you break out. Some foods have an effect on our skin. Coffee, chocolate, cheese and for others it can be anything. Try eating more fresh fruits and veggies.
Prepare Your Hair. Make sure you consult your hairstylist about how they want your hair. Sometimes we want it clean and dry, other times we may want it a few days old. This depends on your hair type and desired hair style. Be sure to find out how the stylist wants your hair. It will take a lot of stress out of the day for you and your stylist.
PLEASE, PLEASE & PLEASE don’t try anything new! If you haven’t done it before don’t do it 24 hours before your wedding. That includes spray tans, waxing, facials… and anything else you can think of that can give you a reaction.